Konark Temple (कोणार्क मंदिर)
1. Konark Sun Temple (Konark Surya Mandir) is the temple attributed to #king_Narasimhadeva I of the Eastern Ganga Dynasty about 1250 CE.
2. Dedicated to the Hindu Sun God Surya, what remains of the temple complex has the appearance of a 100-foot (30 m) high chariot with immense wheels and horses, all carved from stone.
3. The name Konark derives from the combination of the Sanskrit words Kona (corner or angle) and Arka (the sun).
4. According to #Kapila_Vatsyayan, the ground plan, as well the layout of sculptures and reliefs, follow the square and circle geometry, forms found in Odisha temple design texts such as the Silpasarini.
5. The temple follows the traditional style of #Kalinga_architecture. It is oriented towards the east so that the first rays of the sunrise strike the main entrance.